From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev & recent genkernel + gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:48:21
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 >
3 >>Here's what I get booting (I'm writing it from memory mostly so don't
4 >>think it's exact output):
5 >>
6 >>-install: applet not found
7 >>/init: 41: ln: not found
8 >>/init: 45: cat: not found
13 > It looks to me like your /initramfs is completely screwed. Whatever
14 > created that missed copying a bunch of necessary utilities (or more
15 > likely, a dependant library) to the /initramfs. The "/init" messages
16 > you see are almost certainly from the "/init" script in the initramfs.
17 > Every line indicates it went to run a command, and either the command or
18 > a library wasn't found.
21 It's not as bad as it looks. I had the same problem. You simply need to enable CONFIG_FEATURE_INSTALLER in the busybox config. Then you can do "busybox --install" and it automatically creates hardlinks for all the enabled applets.
22
23 Zac
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list