From: "Kacper Kopczyński" <capsel@××××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Moving the system from one disk to another
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 00:06:27
1 Dnia 2010-04-04, o godz. 21:04:03
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:35:11 +0100, Kerin Millar wrote:
5 >
6 > > Whichever way you go about it, ensure that no pseudo-filesystem or
7 > > bind mounts are present within "/mnt/oldrootfs" at the time.
8 >
9 > Use the -x option with rsync to stop it descending into other
10 > filesystems.
14 AFAIK
15
16 "mount --bind / /somewhere" and rsync'ing /somewhere/ instead of / would
17 be more useful then "-x" option - stage1,2,3 has static /dev entries
18 which should also be copied. Since udev mounts it with tmpfs, rsync
19 with -x would skip those entries (static and from tmpfs).
20
21 I suppose you can ignore static /dev if you use initrd.
22
23 Since author of this thread wants to mount filesystem(s) of "the
24 system" from livecd of some kind, there is no point in using any of
25 ideas in this or previous email - there will be no other filesystems
26 mounted.
27
28 I often use that trick with /somewhere/ to backup live system from
29 laptop to external drive. But it does not work well with innodb...
30
31 man mount
32 man rsync
33