From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange cron messages...
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:06:45
1 Jarry writes:
2
3 > Hi, I'm getting strange mails from vixie-cron-4.1-r10:
4 > ------------------
5 > SUBJECT: Cron <root@obelix> test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons &&
6 > /usr/sbin/run-crons
7 >
8 > error: kernel:9 unknown option 'compytruncate' -- ignoring line
9 > error: kernel:12 unknown option 'endscript' -- ignoring line
10 > ------------------
11 >
12 > What does it mean???
13
14 I assume you are using logrotate, and have the /etc/logrotate.d/kernel
15 file? I guess the 'compytruncate' is misspelled and should be
16 'copytruncate'. And 'endscript' is used after using 'prerotate' or
17 'postrotate', which you probably do not have.
18
19 Something like that, I never used logrotate by myself. See the man page
20 for more information.
21
22 Wonko