From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE does not auto-mount my USB devices anymore
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:25:09
1 On Saturday 27 January 2007 11:13:28 am Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After the upgrade of dbus a few days ago, KDE won't mount my USB devices
5 > automatically anymore.
6 > Any suggestions where to start my search?
7
8 HAL and DBUS are wonderful tools with KDE. They tend to be problemmatic at
9 times though. Since you upgraded dbus... did you by chance reload the hal and
10 dbus daemons? Howabout restarting kde? Upgrades aren't always seamless and
11 you have to kick the daemons from time to time.
12
13 That said, I've dumped hal, dbus and all the related support from KDE and have
14 gone over to using automount...
15
16 Cheers.
20 Jerry McBride