From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE does not auto-mount my USB devices anymore
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:36:55
1 On Saturday 27 January 2007 17:11, Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > On Saturday 27 January 2007 11:13:28 am Dan Johansson wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > After the upgrade of dbus a few days ago, KDE won't mount my USB devices
6 > > automatically anymore.
7 > > Any suggestions where to start my search?
8 >
9 > HAL and DBUS are wonderful tools with KDE. They tend to be problemmatic at
10 > times though. Since you upgraded dbus... did you by chance reload the hal
11 > and dbus daemons? Howabout restarting kde? Upgrades aren't always seamless
12 > and you have to kick the daemons from time to time.
13 >
14 > That said, I've dumped hal, dbus and all the related support from KDE and
15 > have gone over to using automount...
16
17 I needed to run revdep-rebuild following the dbus update. Have you done this?
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick