From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sync/async mount
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:16:55
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2
3 > Check out the flash players from iRiver. They play ogg, mp3, and wav, and
4 > with the proper firmware are accessible as a USB device. The headphones
5 > that come with them are a little bit uncomfortable, but good enough
6 > quality that I could tell the difference between ~140k ogg and ~90k ogg.
7 > (I always use VBR, so those are average rates.)
8 >
9 > They seem to have discontinued ogg support on their HD based players, so be
10 > careful that the flash player you purchase does support ogg.
11
12 Thanks! I have a mp3/wmv only flash player I received as a gift but I'd
13 like to upgrade it with a 1-gb thing ogg-capable, if possible.
14 I'll look at iRiver.
15
16 > Also, files can be deleted and loaded from linux even with the stock
17 > firmware.
18
19 I'm a bit confused.
20 Is the flash player recognized as a simple usb flash drive or what?
21
22 m.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list