From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] newbie partiton type question
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 15:57:39
1 mebbe you must change permissions on the device. What
2 does $ls -l /dev/sda say?
3
4 --- Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Sorry bout this newbie like question but my brain
7 > isn't acting normally (so
8 > searching on the forums didn't solve anything
9 > either) :(
10 > I'm trying to mount my SanDisk Cruzer Micro 256 MB
11 > USB stick
12 >
13 > I've got
14 >
15 > /dev/sda /mnt/usb vfat
16 > noauto,user 0 0
17 >
18 > in /etc/fstab
19 >
20 > and in fdisk /dev/sda I see
21 >
22 > /dev/sda1 1 979 250623+
23 > c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
24 >
25 > I can mount /dev/usb as root and r/w to it. But as
26 > user I get
27 >
28 > martoni@SuicidalPuppy ~ $ mount /mnt/usb
29 > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
30 > /dev/sda,
31 > missing codepage or other error
32 > In some cases useful info is found in syslog
33 > - try
34 > dmesg | tail or so
35 >
36 > And dmesg | tail says
37 > ...
38 > FAT: invalid media value (0x01)
39 > VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sda.
40 >
41 > So where am I going wrong? Please help this
42 > befuddled temporary newbie.
43 >
44 > Regards,
45 >
46 > Martin S
51 Do You Yahoo!?
52 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
53 http://mail.yahoo.com
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list