From: Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] newbie partiton type question
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 05:15:58
1 Sorry bout this newbie like question but my brain isn't acting normally (so
2 searching on the forums didn't solve anything either) :(
3 I'm trying to mount my SanDisk Cruzer Micro 256 MB USB stick
4
5 I've got
6
7 /dev/sda /mnt/usb vfat noauto,user 0 0
8
9 in /etc/fstab
10
11 and in fdisk /dev/sda I see
12
13 /dev/sda1 1 979 250623+ c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
14
15 I can mount /dev/usb as root and r/w to it. But as user I get
16
17 martoni@SuicidalPuppy ~ $ mount /mnt/usb
18 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
19 missing codepage or other error
20 In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
21 dmesg | tail or so
22
23 And dmesg | tail says
24 ...
25 FAT: invalid media value (0x01)
26 VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sda.
27
28 So where am I going wrong? Please help this befuddled temporary newbie.
29
30 Regards,
31
32 Martin S