From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dog - man's best friend.
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:26:06
1 Kevin Monceaux <Kevin@××××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 08:42:00PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
4 >
5 >> (a) using less, and have it take just 10 screen lines; (b) using cat etc.,
6 >> and have the interesting part scroll away.
7 >
8 > (c) use less -F and less will automatically exit if the entire file can fit
9 > on one screen. One can export LESS='-F' to have less always do the above.
10
11 Maybe I'm seeing behavior that is not supposed to happen, but if I say
12 echo '## ONE LINE' > test
13
14 And then say less -F test
15
16 I do not get to see the one line. I don't think that's what Alan
17 was looking for is it?