From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] backup tool for my Windows 98 desktop?
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 02:24:00
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 8:41 pm, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > am tired of re-installing Windows 98, and then complete with other
3 > software (filezilla, 7-zip, extra editors..., OOO). I think perhaps it's
4 > easier after I re-installed everything I make a backup of the Windows
5 > partition onto a CDROM and later use that CDROM to restore the
6 > partition.
7 >
8 > The partition is 5GB but actual data on it is smaller then 600MB right
9 > after Win98 and complementary software installed.
10 >
11 > First I thought using gentoo live CD, use dd(1) to copy the partition to
12 > a file and burn it on the live CD. However the file must be too big to
13 > fit on CDR (en I think perhaps I can compress it), and yet how do I add
14 > it to the live CD iso image so that cdrecord(1) can burn it? I think
15 > perhaps I should first try borrow experience on gentoo user list.
16 >
17 > How do you think is the best approach?
18
19 Partimage was made for this... http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page
20
21 Use http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page if you don't want to install it
22 locally. There's also a static version which is what I use.
23
24 -jm
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list