From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: about the 2007.1
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:00:10
1 On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:05:18 +0000, Guanqun Lu wrote:
2
3 > We can't expect that all the Gentoo users should be a linux geek first,
4 > and then have a try on Gentoo linux sytem.
5
6 Why not? Gentoo is aimed at more experienced users, Linux novices are
7 already amply catered for by other distros. I would never recommend
8 Gentoo to a new Linux user, in the same way that I wouldn't recommend
9 a Ferrari to a learner driver.
10
11 Anyway, you need to use other distros first to truly appreciate Gentoo :)
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Jimi Hendrix's modem was a Purple Hayes.