From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: about the 2007.1
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:32:29
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:05:18 +0000, Guanqun Lu wrote:
5 >> We can't expect that all the Gentoo users should be a linux geek first,
6 >> and then have a try on Gentoo linux sytem.
9 > Why not? Gentoo is aimed at more experienced users, Linux novices are
10 > already amply catered for by other distros. I would never recommend
11 > Gentoo to a new Linux user, in the same way that I wouldn't recommend
12 > a Ferrari to a learner driver.
13 >
14 > Anyway, you need to use other distros first to truly appreciate Gentoo :)
19 Well said. I used Mandrake for a while before switching to Gentoo.
20 Gentoo for someone new to Linux is doable but not recommended.
21
22 That said, a graphical installer would not bug me as long as I can do it
23 the command line way. I just like the old way myself. To old to change
24 maybe? :/
25
26 Dale
27