From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean won't work anymore.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 04:14:16
1 On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
3 >>>>>> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --nospinner"
4 >>>>>>
5 >> I don't see the reason tough. Mine is just
6 >> $ fgrep DEFAULT /etc/make.conf
7 >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS=--nospinner
8 >> The portage's default around bdeps is fine with me. It makes sense.
9 >> And please think before changing the defaults. Do not change it just
10 >> because it is fun. When you mess too much with your system, then when
11 >> something breaks, it is harder to pinpoint the cause.
12 >> (This comes from a reformed ricer).
13 > Well, this started because revdep-rebuild was griping about a package
14 > not being up to date and with-bdeps fixed it.
15 You could just install the packages that emerge -p --depclean complained about.
16 And this is rare anyway. I for example have a lot of packages that
17 would be installed with a emerge -pDuNv --with-bdeps=y world, but
18 emerge -p --depc runs fine.
19 In the exceptional case that emerge -p --depc complains, you install
20 the required package.