From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why ity has to be so frustrating !!!
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:22:07
1 On 6/26/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I tryed to dmraid + 2.6.16 and all I got was that /dev/mapper/* was
3 > empty ( just have control node ). I had try 2.6.15-r1 and /de/mapper
4 > was populated
5
6 Populated...with what? How are you determining this? Have you hacked
7 up the initrd/initramfs to display what is in /dev/mapper?
8
9 > but kernel panics when mounting root system, it says it
10 > can not find linuxrc and /bin/bash
11
12 Hmm, this sounds like maybe you just have some extra and unnecessary
13 options on your kernel command line. What does /boot/grub/menu.lst
14 contain? If you see things like real_root= or init=, you _might_ be
15 able to take those out, depending upon what the initrd/initramfs
16 script does.
17
18 I guess to help futher I need to know:
19
20 1. The contents of /boot/grub/menu.lst
21 2. Whether you are using an initramfs or an initrd. If you don't
22 know, try "cpio --list < /boot/your_initrd_or_initramfs.img". If that
23 lists a bunch of files, you are using an initramfs. If it gives an
24 error, it is an initrd.
25
26 -Richard
27 --