From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge java syntax
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:53:58
1 On 3/22/06, Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 22/03/06, hawat.thufir@×××××.com <hawat.thufir@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > So, masked packages only require that package.keyword be edited, but
4 > > hardmasked packages also require that package.unmask be edited?
5 > >
6 > > I see the sense in having different grades of unmasking, but not the need
7 > > for two distinct files(?).
10 > One file with syntax or two files without...
11 > Cheers
12 > Antoine
13 >
14 > --
15 > This is where I should put some witty comment.
16 >
17 > --
18 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
19 ..
20
21 Ah, thanks, guys. I think that portage is approximately equal to yum
22 in the PITA dept. With yum I was always having to hunt down new
23 repositories, and periodically it'd fail for dependancy reasons.
24 Portage is much easier to use, until something which is "needed" has
25 to unmasked. Interesting, though :)
28 -Thufir
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list