From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] experience thus far
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:07:29
1 On Sat, 17 May 2014 08:08:17 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Don't forget to have a maintenance program - run a scrub regularly once
4 > a week or so - I have enough btrfs drives (22 qemu files, 4 WD Greens
5 > att) to see about one or two scrub fixable errors a week with no obvious
6 > cause, sometimes serious (in a critical file).
7
8 That's a bit scary. I'm running ZFS on several systems, scrub twice a
9 week and have never seen any corruption. Do you think this is because of
10 btrfs, your hardware or your usage?
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.