From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purging Gnome from the system
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:44:33
1 On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:12, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > gimp doesn't require the gtk use flag globally. The only
4 > thing it needs to be compiled with the gtk use flag is
5 > app-text/poppler-bindings. The only packages that I have
6 > compiled with gtk are app-text/poppler-bindings,
7 > app-editors/gvim and net-analyzer/wireshark.
8
9 That's good info, thanks
10
11 > > Then manually unmerged a ton of gnome packages,
12 > > intending to finish up with 'emerge --depclean'
13 > > and 'revdep-rebuild' to fix the mistakes I'd made.
14 >
15 > An easier approach here might be to just edit
16 > /var/lib/portage/world manually and remove the gnome etc.
17 > apps that you are no longer interested in and let emerge
18 > --depclean -va do it's job...
19
20 You're right, this would have been much easier, I'll keep it in
21 mind for next time (if there is a next time!)
22
23 > > Imagine my surprise when remerging openoffice wants to pull
24 > > in half of gnome again. I can understand it needs gtk, I do
25 > > not understand why it wants evolution-data-server, gconf
26 > > and gnome-panel.
27 >
28 > Add "-eds" to your use flags. openoffice doesn't wan't a
29 > single gnome app on my computer so if it still wants some it
30 > because of some use flag...
31
32 Yeah, like I said to Etaoin, I'd stupidly parsed that
33 as 'esd'...
34
35 alan
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list