From: "Sigfrido V. Ortiz C." <sigfridov@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why can't kernel-2.6.19-gentoo-r5 see my root partition?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:00:07
1 Due to this issue, Why someone have to upgrade his kernel from .18 to
2 .19, there are IMPORTANT reazon to do that?
3 I'm not computer professional, Gentoo is just a hobby for me, as well as
4 my desktop and laptop computer and also Gentoo never stop to works
5 without a clear reason as done by WINDOW$, I never saw a blue screen
6 mean while I'm working in Gentoo, so I stopped to use WINDOWS last 2004,
7 but the questions is:
8
9 Why and when to UPGRADE the kernel?
10
11 I stopped at 2.6.18-gentoo-r2, because each change means some things out
12 of control, but each time there is somthing new to learn.
13
14 Fortunatelly we have a very good documentation on line an also good
15 friends in this kind of mailing list to solve any trouble.
16 Any comments?
17
18 Sigfrido
19