From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why can't kernel-2.6.19-gentoo-r5 see my root partition?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 02:52:50
1 Sigfrido V. Ortiz C. ha scritto:
2
3 > Why and when to UPGRADE the kernel?
4
5 Basically, when you need to.
6 I lived with 2.6.16 until two weeks ago, and before 2.6.16 I lived with
7 2.6.12 much longer.
8
9 If you don't feel the need of a new kernel, I don't see any reason to
10 upgrade.
11
12 I usually upgrade when something needs it, when I feel it would be an
13 improvement or, more simply, I take the occasion to upgrade when I have
14 to recompile: but it's just me. I did upgrade to 2.6.18 just because I
15 upgraded to gcc 4.1 and having to recompile the kernel, I also upgraded,
16 but I could have happily lived recompiling 2.6.16.
17
18 m.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list