From: Bruce Munro <brucemunro@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why can't kernel-2.6.19-gentoo-r5 see my root partition?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:14:55
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > Sigfrido V. Ortiz C. ha scritto:
3 >
4 >> Why and when to UPGRADE the kernel?
5 >
6 > Basically, when you need to.
7 > I lived with 2.6.16 until two weeks ago, and before 2.6.16 I lived with
8 > 2.6.12 much longer.
9 >
10 > If you don't feel the need of a new kernel, I don't see any reason to
11 > upgrade.
12
13 A famous British mountaineer, George Mallory, who made several attempts
14 on Mt. Everest, and was eventually killed on the mountain, was once
15 asked why he was so determined to climb the peak. His answer? "Because
16 it is there."
17
18 Surely a very similar argument applies to Gentoo users and new Linux
19 kernels! ;-)
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list