From: "J.Marcos Sitorus" <gkjdsh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware Workstation environment on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 07:54:29
1 On 1/13/14, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 5:04 PM, J.Marcos Sitorus <gkjdsh@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I configured my own kernel. The vmware-modules ebuild will tell you if
4 > you're missing any kernel options that you need.
5 Vmware-modules installed successfully on my gentoo box, no missing modules.
6 I just thought maybe there's some missing dependencies on the ebuild.
7
8 > Usually all you need to do is setup the vmnet interfaces with
9 > vmware-netcfg, then add network hardware to the guest OS and tell it which
10 > vmnet interface to use. If you run ifconfig do you have multiple vmnet
11 > interfaces? Did you add extra hardware to the guest OS?
12 > HTH,
13 > Adam
14 I cannot access my gentoo box right now, so I can't tell you exactly
15 how many vmnet interface I have. But from what I remember, I have two
16 vmnet: vmnet0 for bridge and vmnet1 for NAT.
17 I am creating several interface on vmware-netcfg, but those interface
18 not connected to physical interface (as explain in this tutorial:
19 http://boerlowie.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/building-the-ultimate-vsphere-lab-part-3-vmware-workstation-8/
20 ).
21
22 ------