From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware Workstation environment on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:29:32
1 On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 5:04 PM, J.Marcos Sitorus <gkjdsh@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi Adam,
4 > Thank you for your reply.
5 > Are you using genkernel or configure your own kernel?
6 > If you configure you're own kernel, what kernel option did you enable
7 > related to Vmware/virtualization? Do you mind send me kernel config
8 > file?
9 > What useflag did you use to compile Vmware Workstation?
12 I configured my own kernel. The vmware-modules ebuild will tell you if
13 you're missing any kernel options that you need.
14
15 The only vmware related USE flag i have is vmware-tools, which grabs the
16 software for the guest vms.
17
18 Usually all you need to do is setup the vmnet interfaces with
19 vmware-netcfg, then add network hardware to the guest OS and tell it which
20 vmnet interface to use. If you run ifconfig do you have multiple vmnet
21 interfaces? Did you add extra hardware to the guest OS?
22
23 HTH,
24 Adam