From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing nvidia settings dynamically
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:32:45
1 On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 09:07 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > The only way I got nv-control-dpy to do anything was to use
4 > --dynamic-twinview and then xrandr to try and change to the new mode,
5 > however it didn't quite work, leaving one screen black (except for the
6 > cursor). In the end I still had to run nvidia-settings to fix it...
9 even closer still - I can just use xrandr by itself to change the screen
10 size. I thought I had to select a modeline by id using
11 $ xrandr -s 0 -r 51
12 or so the source says, but I can just do this:
13 $ xrandr -s 1920x1200
14 and voila! That's enough to go to one screen without the panning.
15
16 Now I need to figure out how to probe the second monitor, and use xrandr
17 to get a dual-screen setup, on a dock event...
22 A study showed the leading causes of death in the United States are:
23 1:Heart disease
24 2:Chuck Norris
25 3:Cancer