From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing nvidia settings dynamically
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:57:36
1 I'm still trying to figure this out!
2
3 Two screens -> one screen is easy. When I undock, I just run:
4 $ xrandr -s 1920x1200
5 to set the resolution to that of my laptop LCD. All good.
6
7 When I dock however, I have to run this sequence of commands:
8 $ ./nv-control-dpy --probe-dpys
9 $ ./nv-control-dpy --set-associated-dpys 0x50000
10 $ ./nv-control-dpy --add-metamode "DFP-2: nvidia-auto-select @1920x1200 +0+0, DFP-0: nvidia-auto-select @1920x1200 +1920+0"
11 $ xrandr -s 0 -r 118
12
13 The output of probe-dpys gives me the mask to use, and the output of
14 add-metamode gives me "118" which I pass on to xrandr.
15
16 This lays out the monitors in the right order, but now the external LCD
17 is black except for the cursor! There's stuff on it (I can drag windows
18 to and from it, click on icons)...
19
20 Any more ideas? Please?!
24 "He expanded his chest to make it totally clear that here
25 was the sort of man you only dared to cross if you had a
26 team of Sherpas with you. "