From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Simple and lightweight SMTP server
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:58:42
1 Postfix.
2
3 On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Alexander Skwar wrote:
4
5 > Hi.
6 >
7 > I'm looking for a very lightweight SMTP server. It
8 > should (in order):
9 >
10 > - Support TLS or SSL for outgoing/incoming connections
11 > - Be VERY light on CPU usage
12 > - Store mails in Maildir format (or hand it off to an
13 > MDA like procmail/maildrop, for them to store the
14 > mails)
15 > - Relay mail to only one smart host
16 >
17 > It is important, that the system isn't too heavy on
18 > the CPU, as I've only got a MIPSel MIPS 4Kc V0.10.
19 >
20 > What can you recommend?
21 >
22 > On normal systems, I always use Postfix, but that's
23 > not really "lightweight" :)
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 >