From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] kill a child and suicide
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:16:23
1 On Wed, 3 May 2006, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2
3 > Putting something in the background doesn't change what it's std(in|out|
4 > err) are attached to. They will still go to the [pt]ty like normal. If
5 Right, my mistake. Still, the parent script will exit sucessfuly, and
6 then how can the backgrounded process be controlled, other than by
7 killing it with kill -TERM or something like that?
8 > you *want* then redirected somewhere else, you are free to do so with
9 > standard redirection operations before the ampersand.
10 I don't want redirection. Multilog will grasp stdout, but only of the
11 parent process (I think); once the latter exits, I don't think the other
12 process will be accessible.
16 Thanks,
17
18 Jorge Almeida