From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: hwclock <--> sysclock and the ntp-client
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:47:28
1 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > PS: I need a correct hwclock since I want to wake the system via the
5 > hwclock.
8 Hello Meino,
9
10 date, reads the "software clock"
11 hwclock -r reads the "hardware clock"
12
13 hwclock -r ; date
14 so I use this to manually check if they
15 are syncd. If not use this to set the hwclock
18 hwclock --systohc if the hw clock is correct
19
20 otherwise
21
22 hwclcok --set (to use the date as the setting for
23 the hwclock.
24
25 Note: on different hardware from different vendors,
26 occasionally you run into a hardware clock that
27 does not cooperate. Somethings booking from window
28 to set the hwclock will work. Other times you are
29 SHOOL (shi out of luck).
32 Now look at man hwclock and use those optinos to correct
33 what your issue is. As other have pointed out NTP
34 has it's own nuances that must additionally be considered.
35
36 As well as any kernel issues, which I did not address.
39 Good Hunting!
40
41 hth,
42 James