From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:08:33
1 On 2017-06-26 10:44, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > OK, I'll mention it. I generally use Raspbian because it just
4 > works. It contains drivers for most of the 3rd party hardware and
5 > those that are not included provide Raspbian installers or repos.
6 >
7 > I generally use the lite version, which is just the core OS without
8 > the desktop fluff, then add on whatever I need.
9
10 I just got mine 2 months ago or so, use it as a wifi to ethernet
11 gateway for now. Works beautifully _if_ I put it on the desk -
12 otherwise wifi slows to a crawl. I think it's because it has no
13 antenna.
14
15 I went with raspbian and purged all the X11 stuff while cursing under my
16 breath but audibly. So far I don't regret staying with raspbian. One
17 day soon I'll symlink /var/log and similar directories into tmpfs to
18 prevent wear on the SD card.
21 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
22 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
23 Don't clear-text sign:
24 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html