From: Gabriel Rossetti <mailing_lists@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Cell phone as modem
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:58:01
1 Grant wrote:
2 >>> If both Sprint and Verizon offer it, there
3 >>> is probably a good chance that AT&T and/or T-Mobile do too.
4 >>>
5 >>>
6 >> Neither Sprint nor Verizon offer GSM, they use CDMA, thus you can't
7 >> travel anywhere (that I know of) with those phones. If you are looking
8 >> for a "world phone", get a quad-band GSM phone, Cingular/AT&T or
9 >> T-Mobile carries them in the US, in Europe everyone carries them.
12 > I'm talking about the "free" dial up service above, not GSM.
13 >
14 > - Grant
17 Ahh, ok, sorry, I miss understood. I use my cell (GSM) to go on the
18 internet, and if I don't use UMTS and GPRS (turn it off), I just get
19 charged local (per minute) rates to connect to the internet, but maybe
20 it's diff. with other carriers.
21
22 -Gabriel
23 --