From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Cell phone as modem
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 01:16:56
1 > > If both Sprint and Verizon offer it, there
2 > > is probably a good chance that AT&T and/or T-Mobile do too.
3 > >
4 > Neither Sprint nor Verizon offer GSM, they use CDMA, thus you can't
5 > travel anywhere (that I know of) with those phones. If you are looking
6 > for a "world phone", get a quad-band GSM phone, Cingular/AT&T or
7 > T-Mobile carries them in the US, in Europe everyone carries them.
8
9 I'm talking about the "free" dial up service above, not GSM.
10
11 - Grant
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list