From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partitioning strategy...?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 21:31:40
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:58:55 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > If I were you, I would at least try to put /boot and / outside LVM then
4 > everything else on LVM. Just make sure /boot and / have PLENTY of
5 > space since they are pretty much committed at that point.
6
7 I find 400MB for / (and no separate /boot) to be ample space, usually
8 only 50% full. Everything else then goes in LVs. This is (soon to be was)
9 one of the advantages of a small / and separate /usr, all the flexibility
10 of LVM without the need for an initramfs.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Save the whales. Collect the whole set.