From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] In search of a "good" windowmanager
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:09:07
1 090916 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Currently I am playing around with fluxbox.
3 > selection of applications in the application ("root"-) menu via keyboard.
4 > Only the first application can be selected via its first character.
5
6 As I said in an earlier msg, you can navigate the menu with the arrow keys.
7
8 > It is a little annoying, that menu structures, which were unfolded,
9 > did not collapse as usual but need to be actively "clicked away"
10
11 That seems to be part of the 'do it yourself' philosophy of Fluxbox.
12 You can add a line '[hidemenus]' to the menu to close it.
13
14 > I like the tabbing feature, the look of fluxbox, its speed
15 > and the possibility to steer much of its features via keyboard.
16 > The configuration files are clean, simple and easy to understand.
17 > The time from installing to a working environment was very short.
18
19 I'm very satisfied with it since I started using it last April.
20
21 > (sorry, I am no native English speaker).
22
23 'application' corrected above (smile: you should see my German).
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca