From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Weird image-serving behavior
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:34:08
1 > > There is a photo on my website that has been served perfectly for a
2 > > long time but today I noticed it wasn't being served and there were no
3 > > errors printed in apache2's error_log (or ssl_error_log). I
4 > > downloaded the file, opened it locally just fine, uploaded it again,
5 > > and it has since been served perfectly again. There is nothing
6 > > unusual about the image. Has anyone seen anything like that before?
7 > > Could this indicate a hard drive or memory problem?
8 >
9 > What browser were you using for this? I have been experiencing problems with
10 > Konqueror over the last month or so. It will intermittently fail to download
11 > parts of webpages (mostly images). Other browsers did not seem to have a
12 > problem.
13 >
14 > Another looong shot may have to do with pmtu discovery and the possibility
15 > that your server was under 'ping attack', which could have caused its
16 > firewall to drop all pings, inc. those from your client. This would only be
17 > valid if your client MTU is less than 1500. I wouldn't hang my coat on this,
18 > but it sounds like a good conspiracy theory anyway . . . :p
19
20 Hi Mick,
21
22 I was using firefox 2.0.0.9 to view the image online and locally. Weird....
23
24 - Grant
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list