From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:55:33
1 On 19.02.2014 09:50, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > Additionally, the use of "tail -f" and "grep" allows me to check the logs
4 > real-time for debugging purposes.
5 > Having to use a seperate tool that converts some proprietary binary format
6 > to human readable/scriptable single-line logs makes no sense.
7
8 This is the reason why I configured systemd to disable the binary
9 logfile and to send everything to rsyslog (it could be any other logger)
10 instead.
11
12 I don't like that journald is still running in the background in this
13 setup and it is clearly a big negativ point on my list for this test of
14 systemd, but it is possible to use the old and good ways of doing things.
15
16 Greetings
17
18 Sebastian