From: Andrey Moshbear <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] 回复: [gentoo-user] Why can't I set the resolution of console ?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 06:50:04
1 2011/10/20 Lavender <448463782@××.com>:
2 > ------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
3 > 发件人: "Andrey Moshbear"<andrey.vul@×××××.com>;
4 > 发送时间: 2011年10月20日(星期四) 下午2:06
5 > 收件人: "gentoo-user"<gentoo-user@l.g.o>;
6 > 主题: Re: [gentoo-user] Why can't I set the resolution of console ?
7 >
8 > On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 02:05, Lavender <448463782@××.com> wrote:
9 >> I edit the command line of grub at boot time .
10 >> I passed some parametres to kernel like below:
11 >>
12 >> root=/dev/sda6 video=atyfb:1024x768@60m
13 >>
14 >> and I also tried another one:
15 >>
16 >> root=/dev/sda6 video=aty128fb:1024x768@60m
17 >>
18 >> Both of them didn't show any error messages and the system
19 >> can start up, but the resolution still no changed.
20 >>
21 >> There is an issue happened in my buiding kernel : I hadn't found
22 >> the driver for my video card. I'm not sure whether it has anything
23 >> to do with this issue?
24 >>
25 >> BTW, my video card information is below:
26 >>
27 >> ATI Technologies Inc M92 LP  (ATI Radeon 4330 series)
28 > I just checked my system and found that there is no V86d utility.
29 > It is wired because I remember the vesa option was chosen
30 > by default :-( . What should I do now? Should I rebuild my kernel or
31 > compiled vesa into module ?
35 Why are you using atyfb instead of (u)vesafb?
36
37 Anyhow, uvesafb's plusses over vesafb are:
38 "
39 1. Proper blanking and hardware suspension after delay
40 2. Support for custom resolutions as in the system BIOS.
41 " ( ArchLinux wiki)
42
43 Its minus is the requirement of adding /sbin/v86d to the initrd/initramfs.
44
45 Also, please avoid top-posting (
46 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting ).
47 Bottom-posting increases readability.