From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: writing man pages (gentoo conventions)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 15:59:55
1 On 2015-06-03, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> asciidoc, markdown, and reStructuredText can all generate man page
6 >> format as well as HTML, PDF, and others. The main benefit of these is
7 >> that they're also easy to read in their "raw" input format (unlike
8 >> roff).
9 >
10 > I could not find 'restructuretext'; got a resource location?
11
12 https://www.google.com/search?q=reStructuredText
13
14 > I guess I'm going to have to brush on *roff codes. 'troff' is what I
15 > used, but it has been a very long time......
16
17 The easiest thing to do is to grab the source for an existing man page
18 and start editing...
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! GOOD-NIGHT, everybody
22 at ... Now I have to go
23 gmail.com administer FIRST-AID to my
24 pet LEISURE SUIT!!