From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why I can't I build systemd without ipv6?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:23:54
1 On 10/13/2017 10:41 AM, daniel@×××××.nl wrote:
2 > IPv6 compiled into systemd is most likely for systemd-networkd. If
3 > you're not using that part it shouldn't be a problem. If you're using
4 > systemd-networkd, you can configure it to not do IPv6.
5 >
6 > But, I would recommend configuring your system to not use IPv6 instead
7 > of removing support. That should prevent most programs from trying IPv6.
10 I also had a similar problem with my previous ISP, and found even if I
11 configured it to not use ipv6, it didn't work, which is why I set
12 USE="-ipv6" and removed support from the kernel completely.
13
14 Someone else suggested building it as a module and blacklisting the
15 module, but for some reason I can't set ipv6 to be a module, it won't
16 let me toggle it.
17
18 Dan