From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 02:57:52
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:10:27 +0100, Lorenzo Bandieri wrote:
3 >
4 >> Yes, Alan, you're right, I'm on a single-user machine. I apologize, I
5 >> should have made it clear. Indeed, I can see that in a multi-users
6 >> machine sudo is useful. I just don't agree on the Ubuntu policy of
7 >> using sudo instead of root by default, assuming that it provides more
8 >> security.
9 > Ubuntu is designed for Linux newbies, those conditioned to the Windows
10 > way of working. Give them a root password and they will soon get fed up
11 > with typing it whenever they need to do $something and just log into the
12 > desktop as root. It is easy enough to enable root access in Ubuntu, but
13 > you do have to work out how to break it for yourself.
17 I worked it out then. lol
18
19 Dale
20