From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deleted kdevelop ebuilds
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:22:30
1 On Friday, February 27, 2015 11:45:52 AM Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > You can look in the packages Changelog in the portage tree, perhaps
4 > there's an entry there explaining why the old version was removed.
5
6 It only says "Version bump. Removed old"
7
8 > ebuilds are never truly lost, if you still have it installed the ebuild
9 > is stored in /var/db. If not, you can find it in the gentoo attic
10 > (google can help), download it and put it in your local overlay. Mask
11 > the versions you don't want and portage will ensure your local copy
12 > stays installed.
13
14 Thanks, I found it on the attic, I didn't know you could get deleted ebuilds
15 from it. I think it would be best if portage didn't downgrade packages
16 automatically.
19 Fernando Rodriguez