From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge world looking grim
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:46:50
1 Harry Putnam <reader <at> newsguy.com> writes:
4 > My gentoo OS is running on Openindiana (solaris) inside oracle's vbox.
5
6 Hello Harry. Gentoo has the handbook for it's main install. A bit of a drag
7 but good for for a refresher or leaning.
8
9 Rich put up an excellent set of VM gentoo install instructins [1]:
10
11 > It's been left setting for at least 4-5 months maybe a couple more.
12 > After eix-sync, attempting an `emerge vuND world' comes up with so
13 > many blocks, use flag changes and a variety of other bad news in
14 > such proliferation... I'm thinking better to install from scratch with
15 > latest ISO.
16
17 You can fight through those problems; and that will most likely be the
18 easiest method to bring your system current.
19
20 Some of the gentoo versions for specific usage, have their own installer.
21 Like PENTOO [2] , LILBLUE [3] and then many folks use 'calculate linux'
22 when they require an installation medium [4]. It can be migrated to
23 a gentoo install.
26 There are several efforts to create other gentoo installations, but
27 they are alpha at the moment.
30 hth,
31 James
34 [1]
35 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VJlJyY
36 LTZScta9a81xgKOIBjYsG3_VfxxmUSxG23Uxg/edit?pli=1
37
38 [2] http://www.pentoo.ch/download/
39
40 [3] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibcLilblue#Installation