From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conf.d/domainname
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:06:26
1 No, that does not mean if you want or not DHCP.
2 Just if you want your domain name overridden when dhcp provides you one.
3
4 Fernando
5
6 On 8/14/05, John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net> wrote:
7 >
8 > I am setting up Gentoo (2.6.12-r6) on a standalone laptop with DHCP and
9 > was trying to find some input as to the OVERRIDE setting in the conf.d/domainname
10 > file. it says if I want to override DHCP, set it to 1 (default). Does this
11 > indicate if I _*want*_ DHCP that I should set it to something else (0) or
12 > comment it (#) ?
13 >
14 > Thanks for the input.
15 >