From: Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix is very slow
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:49:02
1 On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:41:31 +0100
2 Huib van Wees <hvwees@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:16:22 +0100, Patrick Marquetecken
5 > <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be> wrote:
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > I have installed postfix for sending out mass e-mails. Batches less then 10 emails are deliverd in seconds, batches of 100 emails takes sometimes 5 min before they leave.
9 > > If we do the same on our "old" exchange 5 it takes seconds for 100 emails.
10 > > I must send about 10.000 emails in one night.
11 > > The machine is a pentium3 like the exchange and has 128mb ram (uses 57mb, no swap)
12 > > Kernel: 2.4.25
13 > > Postfix: 2.1.15-r1
14 > >
15 > > any advice to get it faster would be fine.
16 > > Patrick
17 > >
18 > > --
19 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
23 > Do you have any e-mail content scanner as in anti virus scanner or
24 > something like this.
25 > It look like your postfix chokes in the the amount of mail.
28 There is only postfix on the machine ...
29 i'm going to change the amount of postfix processes it can run, according to the postfix faq
30 and see what happens.
31
32 > --
33 > Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
34 >
35 > H. van Wees
36 > ---
37 > The official Gentoo motto is, "If it moves, compile it."
38 >
39 > --
40 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list