From: Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix is very slow
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:47:42
1 On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:48:44 +0100
2 Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:41:31 +0100
5 > Huib van Wees <hvwees@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:16:22 +0100, Patrick Marquetecken
8 > > <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be> wrote:
9 > > > Hi,
10 > > >
11 > > > I have installed postfix for sending out mass e-mails. Batches less then 10 emails are deliverd in seconds, batches of 100 emails takes sometimes 5 min before they leave.
12 > > > If we do the same on our "old" exchange 5 it takes seconds for 100 emails.
13 > > > I must send about 10.000 emails in one night.
14 > > > The machine is a pentium3 like the exchange and has 128mb ram (uses 57mb, no swap)
15 > > > Kernel: 2.4.25
16 > > > Postfix: 2.1.15-r1
17 > > >
18 > > > any advice to get it faster would be fine.
19 > > > Patrick
20 > > >
21 > > > --
22 > > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
23 > > >
24 > > >
25 > >
26 > > Do you have any e-mail content scanner as in anti virus scanner or
27 > > something like this.
28 > > It look like your postfix chokes in the the amount of mail.
31 > There is only postfix on the machine ...
32 > i'm going to change the amount of postfix processes it can run, according to the postfix faq
33 > and see what happens.
34
35 After changing the hdparm parameters and in main.cf default_destination_concurrency_limit to 20 the speed whent up and i send now 100 email in seconds.
36
37 Patrick
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list