From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags question
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:22:43
1 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2
3 >Am Freitag, 2. Juni 2006 12:41 schrieb Teresa and Dale:
6 >>Enrico Weigelt wrote:
9 >>>* Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
10 >>>
11 >>><snip>
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>>Learn something every day. So if I remove the doc USE flag that will
16 >>>>not remove the man page? That would be cool. I wonder how much space
17 >>>>that takes up?
18 >>>>
19 >>>>
20 >>>hmm, is there also an man useflag or some other option to kick
21 >>>of manpages (I personally don't need them on every system) ?
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>>cu
25 >>>
26 >>>
27 >>That would be nice if you have more than one system. After all, you
28 >>only need one set of man pages. I didn't see anything in
29 >>/usr/portage/profile/use.desc. Good question though. /usr/share/man
30 >>takes up almost 30MBs on my system.
34 >There is the FEATURE="noman".
35 >
36 >>From man make.conf:
37 >
38 >"noman Do not install manpages."
39 >
40 >Seems to be what you are looking for :)
44 >>Dale
48 >Hand,
49 >Michael
55 Oooooh, I was looking in the USE options. I need to remember that when
56 I get my servers set up again. One of them only has a 2.5GB drive and
57 it gets full sometimes.
58
59 Thanks
60