From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags question
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:46:03
1 Am Freitag, 2. Juni 2006 12:41 schrieb Teresa and Dale:
2 > Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 > >* Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > ><snip>
6 > >
7 > >>Learn something every day. So if I remove the doc USE flag that will
8 > >>not remove the man page? That would be cool. I wonder how much space
9 > >>that takes up?
10 > >
11 > >hmm, is there also an man useflag or some other option to kick
12 > >of manpages (I personally don't need them on every system) ?
15 > >cu
16 >
17 > That would be nice if you have more than one system. After all, you
18 > only need one set of man pages. I didn't see anything in
19 > /usr/portage/profile/use.desc. Good question though. /usr/share/man
20 > takes up almost 30MBs on my system.
21
22 There is the FEATURE="noman".
23
24 >From man make.conf:
25
26 "noman Do not install manpages."
27
28 Seems to be what you are looking for :)
29
30 > Dale
31
32 Hand,