From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: media-gfx/blender-2.71 dependencies
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:44:37
1 Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
4 > Please don't use pastebin sites - if your output is too long to copy and
5 paste into the body of the message,
6 > then please attach it as a plain text file. If you name it output.txt then
7 most people, with GUI mail
8 > clients, will be able to read it just by double-clicking.
9
10 > Most pastebin services expire old pastes periodically (not to mention that
11 pastebin services are hardly
12 > profitable, and close down all the time) whereas these mailing list
13 messages are archived in multiple
14 > places and are referenced for years.
15
16 > If you attach these files as plain text then they'll be archived, useful
17 to other people with the same
18 > problem in the future.
19
20 I'll agree, this is excellent advise. However, I use game.org to read
21 and post to gentoo-user. So how do you attached a txt file to
22 those postings via gmane? Options to get the txt file attachemnent into the
23 proper record?
24
25 Gmane refuses to post long replies. Gmane allows one to read and post
26 from a variety of machines, particularly useful when one locks up
27 one's main workstation, which I have done of several occasions, and have
28 to use gmane to recover with the aid of the gentoo-user list:
29
30 http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user
33 curiously,
34 James