From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print quality unreadable in Firefox
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 21:20:24
1 On 19 February 2016 at 23:13, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have been having a problem printing in Firefox for quite some time. It
4 > seems fonts are being rendered in an unreadable way, but it doesn't
5 > always do this.
6 >
7 > I've also noticed that Firefox is the only application that does this:
8 > LibreOffice, various PDF readers, etc are all printing fine.
9 >
10 > I was able to print the invoice I needed by selecting, copying & pasting
11 > into LibreOffice (which even retained the formatting.)
12 >
13 > Firefox even does this while printing to PDF, so I've attached a small
14 > sample of search results from bugs.g.o. (TestPrint-BadQuality.pdf)
15 >
16 > Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it? I've been wading through
17 > search results for almost an hour and found nothing.
18 >
19 > Dan
20
21 I can confirm this happens to me as well, something related to fixed
22 width font I guess. But as I can never actually make firefox print
23 what I actually see, I usually give up and just copy content manually.