From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network failed and weird error message
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 18:38:15
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 05/10/2013 12:13, Dale wrote:
3 >>> Dale changed his motherboard recently, presumably he knows what his
4 >>>> chipset offers
5 >>>>
6 >> This is the rig I built a few years ago. It has a Gigabyte mobo but it
7 >> hasn't been changed yet. I was planning on it but family issues moved
8 >> that from a burner to not even on the stove and cold as ice. This issue
9 >> just sort of popped up out of the blue. Also, I'm using the same kernel
10 >> I been using for a while now. 3.9.5-gentoo I been using that kernel
11 >> since the middle of June. I have tested newer ones but ran into other
12 >> issues, nvidia mostly.
15 > Basically, it looks like you have a once-off event.
16 >
17 > Until it happens again, very little you can do wrt troubleshooting
22 I agree. It ran for days with no problems that I saw. Sure is weird
23 tho. I just wonder if something outside the puter happened and
24 triggered something. Who knows.
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!