From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network failed and weird error message
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 12:26:40
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Basically, it looks like you have a once-off event.
5 >>
6 >> Until it happens again, very little you can do wrt troubleshooting
10 > I agree. It ran for days with no problems that I saw. Sure is weird
11 > tho. I just wonder if something outside the puter happened and
12 > triggered something. Who knows.
13 >
14 > Dale
15 >
16 > :-) :-)
19 Still no fix on the error message. Maybe it is hardware and related to
20 this? I started having issues with the network again. This time, it
21 wasn't just browsers. It would be other stuff like Pidgin and such.
22 Generally restarting the network corrected the problem, after restarting
23 the other programs too since they would hang up. Anyway, I got tired of
24 this so I pulled a ethernet card from my junk drawer, pulled some hair
25 out trying to find the dmfe driver in the kernel and got it working.
26 Since moving away from the ethernet that is built into the mobo and to
27 this card, not a issue yet. I have not had a single hiccup. So, as
28 with my last rig, the ethernet port on the mobo just start to suck after
29 a while it seems. :/
30
31 Now I just wish I could figure out this other USB issue. I suspect it
32 could be a hardware issue. I may have to upgrade my rig after all and I
33 don't really want to do that and may not be able to right away.
34
35 Memory question. The mobo I have uses this: "Support for DDR3
36 1666(OC)/1333/1066 MHz memory modules" I have the 1666 on here. It was
37 what was on sale. :-D The new mobo calls for this: "DDR3
38 2000(OC)/1866/1600/1333/1066" Are the two compatible? Both are DDR3.
39
40 Thanks.
41
42 Dale
43
47 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!