From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aRts sound server on KDE 3.5.2?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:36:38
1 Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2006 22:12 schrieb Michael B. Trausch:
2 > I am wondering if anybody here has run into a problem using aRts 3.5.2
3 > with KDE 3.5.2 on ~x86. I know that ~x86 is technically unsupported, so
4 > I'm just looking to see if anybody else might be experencing problems
5 > with this setup or would know how to go about attempting to troubleshoot
6 > it. It dies claiming CPU overload after anywhere from fifteen seconds
7 > to thirty minutes of trying to grab all of the CPU's attention, and does
8 > not output any sound.
9
10 I have this and similar issues with arts every now and then. Some versions
11 work quite well for me using the alsa-backend, other versions only work, when
12 I use the oss backend via the oss-emulation of alsa. So I would try the
13 different backends, maybe that helps. I don't use arts anymore, amarok works
14 fine with the xine-backend and xine works pretty good with alsa.
15
16 > Thanks in advance for any help,
17 > Mike
18